LEAP TEAM BUILDING AND TEAM PLANNING RETREAT FOR THE COLRUYT GROUP
Over the last months we have been planning and designing a LEAP within a LEAP for the Colruyt Group in Halle Belgium. Since we arrived we have conducted a rigorous Training Needs Assessment and have since revised the schedule and the handbook to better address the concerns of the group. We also learned a great deal about the workings of this extraordinary company (which is much like Costco) whose mission is stated as:
'Together, we create sustainable added value through value-driven craftsmanship in retail.'
They continue by saying:
- Every word in this mission statement has been chosen carefully.
- Together: We are considerate towards all our staff members, customers, suppliers, manufacturers, shareholders, etc.
- Sustainable: We do business with a minimum amount of raw materials, energy and human effort.
- Added value: We aim for a maximal added value in favour of the economy, people and the environment.
- Value-driven craftsmanship: We see expertise as more than just executing a job correctly. People who have the necessary Skills, Attitude and Knowledge, emanate professional pride and are inspired by the group values.
- Retail: We focus on retail and wholesale business.
- The group values: We do not just talk the talk, we really walk the walk. That is why we created nine values which vibrate through the entire group. In this way, everybody pulls in the same direction, even when we are all working on different things. We also make sure our staff members give their best every day and that they are proud of what they do.
We will blog about the results of the retreat in a few days. Check out their website. www.ColruytGroup.com